Pages

07 November, 2010

Monday, stay away!

I have that crappy feeling in my stomach that's telling me to slow my life down, and take some control. The thing is, I'm already doing okay with finding the balance between partying and going to school. The downside is that I'm smoking more and more, and my wallet is suffering from that. I haven't checked my bank account for about 1 or 2 months, and I'm not planning on doing that for a long time. My parents just had to spend 10.000DKK on getting our car fixed, so I'm looking forward to a cheap-ass, poor christmas. Yeah, that sounds extremely shallow and selfish, but I sort of don't care, 'cause I'm mostly thinking about the fact that I'm not gonna be able to buy my friends and family the gifts they deserve. And that makes me angry. I'm sick of money always controlling my life. And that reminds me of something I randomly wrote, a few weeks back;

"People might think that money rules the world, but they're wrong. Words do. Words can have a far greater effect on things than a piece of paper. We should start paying each other in kind, loving words, instead of meaningless pieces of paper, with random presidents and kings and queens on them. The world would be a much brighter place, if we did."

- If only that was completely true. Money >does< rule the world, and it makes me sad and aggressive. I've never been able to spend my money on random stuff that makes me happy, without paying the consequences. I know I sound like a selfish brat right now, but it's hard sometimes, to charish the things I have, when people around me are throwing their money around and not having to worry about not being able to survive the next month. All I really want is a cute little apartment in Copenhagen, for my friends and a sweet girl to enjoy. And that's not gonna become a reality the next couple of years.

Wow. That's enough whining from me, I guess.

I did, however, have a great weekend. Epic, really. Sweet people around me and happiness. Minimum responsibility, that's what I live for. I'd like a couple of thousand days more like this weekend. I'm not ready for another crappy monday, with school and responsibility. Come back, weekend. Come back parties, alcohol, kisses and laughter. I do love my life. I just have to remind myself of that, sometimes.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Vi skal nok få en god jul alligevel. Penge har kun den kontrol, vi giver dem, og rigtige venner og familie er ligeglade med prisen på gaverne fra dig :)

<3