Pages

09 October, 2010

Man, that beat is hard.

My heart's beating extremely fast and hard, and it's making me anxious. The lump in my stomach is back. Don't think it's the same, though. Trying to cure it with some music, to take my mind off things, but it's not working as well as I hoped it would. Confidence is the keyword. But what to do, when you're running low? Seems like all I do these days is trying to convince myself that I don't need anyone to tell me how strong I am, how well I'm doing. But it's not working. I'm just lying to myself. Liar. At least the beat from the speakers are louder than my thoughts. Maybe it'll drown them.
Snap out of it, Laura. This colour isn't good on you.

I'm not good at this. I'm trying to make it clear to you, but I'm afraid to let my guards down, when I don't know what you want. I don't want a let down. But I'm here, if you need me.

Its just like a cigarette, its something that I do
Once in awhile, but between me and you
Its just like a cigarette, nobody's really fooled
I don't want the truth, I wanna feel fucking cool

When I breathe that little bit of death supposedly cancer-free
Everything they say's got the truth twisted up
But twisted up's what I want, I can't get enough
'Cos even though we know it's all just a big bluff
We just light another up,
We don't give a fuck.

No comments: