Pages

25 October, 2010

Everyone's allowed to dream, right?

Some day, I'd like to make lyrics and melodies as magic as my favourite bands and artists do. Lyrics that move people, that they can relate to. Words don't always come easy, to me, but when they do, it feels darn great. At the time, I'm sort of feeling a writer's block, and I'm not loving it. I miss writing my small, crappy poems and texts that no one but me would read. Haven't done that for a while. Maybe it's because I always feel like writing them when I'm sad and down. And that's not the case, right now. At least I'm more happy than I'm sad. I really don't have the time to be a downer, when there's sweet people and beautiful music to cheer me up. Nope. (Remember that, Laura!)

It's a dark night on the West Coast
Then a soft breeze as the sun rose
Then the phone rang, like a gunshot
Like a siren on the beach rock
There's a message at the river
A certain package here to the deliver
When the day breaks after nightfall
I will be there, you know I will.


*sigh* Bring me inspiration and creativity, please!

No comments: